Facebook: Southern Kiwi Photography | Twitter: SoKiwiPhoto | Google+: Kaylene Fister | LinkedIn: Kaylene Fister

Friday, May 31, 2013

There's a Big World Out There!

Here's something to make you smile on a Friday and get you through to the weekend - it's almost here...

I totally understand where this woman's coming from!  So many folks think I'm either Australian or British and even when I say I'm from New Zealand, they think I'd prefer to be asked about Australia or England.

My top 5 'favourite' questions I've been asked since moving to the USA:

5. Do you have McDonald's there?
4. Have you ever heard of Motown?
3. Do you have electricity there?
2. How long did it take you to drive here? [Seriously?!]
1. How long did it take you to drive here? [yes, there were two unrelated people who asked this one.]

Oh and there was one young lady who asked me how I got my accent.  I told her that for the first part of my life I practiced really hard and that's when I discovered 12 year olds can be incredibly gullible.  Hook, line and sinker.

There's a big world out there and it's full of different and interesting people :o)  Enjoy!


No comments: